[tycho-user] Packaging (test) plug-ins as directories (not jar files)

Hi there,

first of all: thanks to the tycho team for this great build tool!
However, I'm facing a couple of little problems, with which I might be
annoying you in the next couple of days.

Here's the first one: Up to now, I did not have an automated build (in
fact, two students of mine failed to set one up with pre-tycho
technology). As such, I have executed my tools within a runtime
workbench, which worked fine. I also executed my tests from within my
development workbench as Junit Plug-in Tests.

Now, the problem is that some of my tests are failing when run by tycho.
It seems that the cause is that the test plug-ins contain files to be
read by the tests. When I execute them from within the development
workbench, this is not an issue, since the files are read from the
plug-in's project directories. Tycho, however, packs my test plug-ins
into jars (which is perfectly fine as far as I know), causing my tests
to fail reading those files.

I'm aware that I should rewrite my tests and some parts of my tool's
code, but this would result in a huge effort I'm not currently willing
to take. So, my question is whether I can make tycho not packaging my
tests as jars, but as simple directories, such that the files can still
be accessed.

Any other suggestion to cope with this problem is of course more than
welcome, too.

Thanks in advance,
Christian

Back to the top