Re: [tycho-user] non-p2 based target definitions in Tycho

Actually, Tycho could use Eclipse installations as target platform, because an installation is also a p2 repository:
- The metadata is located in the profile
- The artifacts information is located in the artifacts.xml in the installation root

The only reason why this is not implemented is that it is not important for any of the Tycho committers. You are more than welcome to contribute the support for location type Installation in target files.

Since recently, this just became significantly easier: Instead of all across the Tycho code, the whole target platform resolution is done in the class TargetDefinitionResolver. I am looking forward to a well-tested patch!

Best regards
Tobias

P.S.: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Developing_Tycho should help you to get started with Tycho development. Also, feel free to ask development-related questions to tycho-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top