Re: [tycho-dev] mentioning 'sponsors' of a bugfix

> what happens if we don't do it?

Probably nothing, but it might attract sponsors to invest more if its 'that easy' (in contrast to getting a company ECA setup and negotiated) to:

a) get something fixed
b) get some extra revenue by getting mentioned somewhere (maybe even in the release notes for greater invest/contributions) c) might attract others (but that's speculative) to participate in the same way: if company X do it we probably should also do it

I think this is similar to croud-funding platforms stuff or similar to "friends-of-eclipse" badge ... Some project even maintain a complete page of sponsors from big (~5000$ contributions) to even lowest (1$) see [1] for example.

> Now, about the "Contributors" section, this is IIRC pretty useless and
> can be freely edited, and even removed later.

That's my understanding too so for sure there is no guarantee that the hint might not be removed some point later if project decides to remove Contributors completely (I must confess I sometimes miss to edit/enhance it anyways).

[1] https://docs.cucumber.io/sponsors/