Re: [tracecompass-dev] Incubator Trace Server issue
  • From: Bernd Hufmann <bernd.hufmann@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 18:03:50 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-CA, en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=ericsson.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=ericsson.com; dkim=pass header.d=ericsson.com; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=vkY+NtH8amEzZMHXR5J81h7DpEY7k40jcqkLeVEWVdQ=; b=mpzcFdGSPrd3eljKMs6QuJ0gSphZKDrBNq6LMHIWHS18wvzfD4s+nGnnxOC6ywY1Ds4Sn/g/1C8PneIHwR7HTIRpsjfFgI1vXs3vY6IYVvDhMEozbcdPvKXeHSrK+KFHVudv1RcJKnlynw/zjiA1IO+RtyYvgzNkVHAmjRvTrCIDnGFr4Pux7KKe1m6OOuEkj2WPTezLvOhMGwh3wvCoObtnO+Vo7dJSdSmoisvHTLZLgl94PE5b+JnLTVZ3GAGWKM6NDHh9SsJkHQ9d3TTNsdinmxsqci/sQIUA3o1OudUOff9N/UVPCEET6M/BhdNJqrFrE8l+v0tsrlZltgrJlA==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=A6M9gBE11bRBsOveewMPxfDtCMHMqA3bp4+UdSQAV5ifX2qEnaF7jaWO1cDx9lDUPXRxgVVgtgVz+ZWnoop4F2kxWuZEqAOXcPSwzibIyKCcMp27x6FWo6hhfchdDChjJdMCNaSjqPlRHvAYs+9lJSN29lS99oHJqBXoEmjRKWvDFoRKuQ9U92zw583r+2Tnca/0HfPGpVp0CK9jVJNMgmf9uaCcLM2nEE3nFUwvLDBSIMjPhK+AwF3PXZjVF6YPGPUJmjnUFb+HWrdKXpV4MjlgRbEcP8G51jmQ+SbvBZOQ5YceV0HEkn7+2szhk8fzb89gDC10XoPGrsB4APuR8A==

Hi

> Also this line is never put to the log: Server:app thread - org.eclipse.tracecompass.incubator.trace.server.jersey.rest.core.id.0: Started

This is not printed when running the Trace Server of master branch. This print-out was shown when running with older target definition, which is not relevant for you, Johan.

Some notes about the Trace Server usage in the theia-trace-extension front-end application. In the front-end application is a preference to specify where the trace server application is located on your machine. Just go to "File -> Preferences -> Open Settings (UI)" and from the UI go to "Extensions -> Trace Viewer". In there you will find 3 preferences:
  • Trace Server: Arguments
  • Trace Server: Path
  • Trace Viewer: Port
In the "Trace Server: Path" you can provide the absolute path to the executable (incl. executable name). The "Trace Server: Arguments" are used for if you want to provide different settings than the defaults. The "Trace Viewer: Port" is the port where the trace server was started on. The Trace Compass server by defaults starts on port 8080. If you want to change that you need to change the port using the "Trace Server: Arguments" (e.g.: -vmargs -Dtraceserver.port=8081) AND change the "Trace Viewer: Port" preferences to the same value.

About the TSP specification, we are currently doing a clean-up of the TSP specification to make sure it shows what is currently supported in the Trace Compass server as well as the client implementation. Right now, it might be bit confusing. The swagger spec. mentioned by Francesco, is a step towards this cleaned-up version of the TSP. Please follow the repo https://github.com/theia-ide/trace-server-protocol for any updates.

Best Regards
Bernd