Från: Johan Besseling
Skickat: den 6 mars 2022 13:29:04
Till: tracecompass-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Ämne: Incubator Trace Server issue

Hello,

I am starting on my implementation to create a new trace for my Master thesis but first I would like to get started with the Trace Server and understand how it works. I have encountered some issues when starting it that I hope I can help with.

I have followed the instructions to setup the development environment here https://wiki.eclipse.org/Trace_Compass/Development_Environment_Setup

I have followed the instructions here to start the server

https://github.com/tracecompass/tracecompass-incubator/blob/master/doc/org.eclipse.tracecompass.incubator.trace.server.doc.dev/doc/Developer-Guide.mediawiki

The problem is that when I start the server, either as an application in Eclipse or through the terminal, I am not able to access it through the browser or curl. I did put some log statements in the code to make sure that it is port 8080 and I can check through net stat that 8080 is being used.

The error I receive is 404 Not found powered by jetty 10.0.6.

I get the same error on both my Mac 12.1 Monterey and my Windows 10 PC, using OpenJDK 11 as JRE

Except for the browser error there is no other errors in the console except a class load of SLF4J.

Any ideas of what could cause this?

Regards

Johan

Back to the top