Re: [tools-dev] Enhancing Perspective with a sample view

I thought that the relative attribute specifies a view that you want to position this view relative to. So, for example, you say "I want my view to pop up to the left of this view...or on top of that view...or at least the spot where that view goes." ???

==================================
Cody Burleson

Madanagopal Doraiswamy Venkatesan <madanagopal@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: tools-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

12/20/2005 07:18 AM

Please respond to
General development mailing list of the Eclipse Tools Project <tools-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

tools-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[tools-dev] Enhancing Perspective with a sample view

Hi,

I would like to clarify my doubts on enhancing the perspectives. I know this is an age old Question. Please bear with me.

I have created a view and would like to integrate it with the CDT perspective. But all my work failed. I created the my view plugin and extended org.eclipse.ui.perspectiveExtensions with the below XML segment.

<extension point="org.eclipse.ui.perspectiveExtensions">
    <perspectiveExtension targetID="com.eclipse.ui.view.Targetresource">
        <view
              closeable="true"
              id="com.test.view.view1"
              moveable="true"
              relationship="stack"
              relative="org.eclipse.ui.views.ContentOutline"
              showTitle="true"
              visible="true"/>
     </perspectiveExtension>
  </extension>

But my Query would be, what is the role of relative attribute in the segment. I learned that it is to define already existing View for a perspective.

But how would i integrate this view into any perspective which would appear each time the perspective is opened.

Please send in your suggestions.

Madan