[tools-dev] Enhancing Perspective with a sample view

Hi,

I would like to clarify my doubts on enhancing the perspectives. I know this is an age old Question. Please bear with me.

I have created a view and would like to integrate it with the CDT perspective. But all my work failed. I created the my view plugin and extended org.eclipse.ui.perspectiveExtensions with the below XML segment.

 <extension point="org.eclipse.ui.perspectiveExtensions">
     <perspectiveExtension targetID="com.eclipse.ui.view.Targetresource">
         <view
               closeable="true"
               id="com.test.view.view1"
               moveable="true"
               relationship="stack"
               relative="org.eclipse.ui.views.ContentOutline"
               showTitle="true"
               visible="true"/>
      </perspectiveExtension>
   </extension>

But my Query would be, what is the role of relative attribute in the segment. I learned that it is to define already existing View for a perspective.

But how would i integrate this view into any perspective which would appear each time the perspective is opened.

Please send in your suggestions.

Madan

Back to the top