Re: [tools-dev] [GEF] I am missing an addListener-Method...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Randy Hudson" <hudsonr@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <tools-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 3:47 PM
Subject: Re: [tools-dev] [GEF] I am missing an addListener-Method...

> I don't see why the EditPart needs to notify anything about its
> nodes/anchors.
> Generally the EditPart should *listen*, and the model
> should notify about its properties changing.

Sure, the question here is only how this changes are propagated further to
the view (figure).

Should I better overwrite AbstractGraphicalEditPart#refreshSourceConnections
and don't use the (imo convenient) event-notification mechanism that is
implemented in the subsequently called methods?

Or directly attach the figure (view) as Propertychange-Listener to the model
("in parallel" to the EditPart)? (I dont think so).

Regards, Thilo.

Back to the top