Re: [tm-dev] Local Terminal

Local Terminals require PTY support in order to be useful. This gives you capabilities like pressing Ctrl+C , resizing the viewport, colors, line wrapping.

Just having I/O streams is not enough.

FYI there used to be a Local Terminal connector for the TM Terminal but it worked only on Linux and had some other usability issues …

that’s when Alex Ruiz from Google came up with ELT which was quite popular (but also worked on Linux only).

The real accomplishment of TCF Terminals is making it work on Windows, and providing some cool integrations for usability.

See the list of enhancement requests from our users (both new ones and already implemented ones) linked from the Marketplace Listing:

http://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/tcf-terminals

This gives you some idea of the work already done in this area.

Thanks,

Martin

--

Martin Oberhuber, SMTS / Product Owner – Development Tools, Wind River

direct +43.662.457915.85  fax +43.662.457915.6