[tm-dev] Local Terminal

Hey gang, one more topic area which we need clarification. I’m still trying to understand why the Local Terminal could not be done with the TM Terminal. It’s clear there’s huge demand for it. Is it missing APIs?

The reason why I ask is that the o.e.remote framework has Local connection support and I plan on adding a command shell service implementation to it. And I am planning to borrow from the TCF Process support as much as possible.

Essentially the command shell service simply provides input and output streams for IO and some minimal process management. That’s what I’ve successfully hooked up for the Arduino C++ IDE, although that was a serial port based connection. I can’t see why the local connection through the same interface couldn’t work as well. I must be missing something.

Doug.

Back to the top