[tm-dev] R3_4_maintenance branch created

I've created the R3_4_maintenance branch based on what we've committed for Juno SR2.

If I'm reading the version numbering rules correctly all work on the master branch that makes binary compatible changes should increment the 3rd component of the version number of the containing bundle to the next 100 over the R3_4_maintenance branch. For example, if the bundle is 3.1.203.qualifier in the R3_4_maintenance branch then modifying a bundle element should cause the version number to be 3.1.300.qualifier. This leaves room in the 3.4 maintenance branch for binary compatible changes that would increment the 3rd component by 1.

Upward compatible changes that are not downward compatible should increment the 2nd element of the version number by 1 in the master branch.

Of course, changes intended to be backported to R3_4_maintenance should be made in the master branch first.

We now need to get a build job running to produce maintenance builds for this. It looks like Manuel has begun that process.

I will be creating appropriate "releases" in bugzilla for any 3.4 maintenance work tomorrow.

-- David Dykstal,  Architect - Rational Developer for Power Systems

Back to the top