From my POV, a Java 6 minimum base makes sense, as Eclipse Platform itself is also moving to Java 6.

Thanks,
Martin
--
Martin Oberhuber, SMTS / Product Architect – Development Tools, Wind River
direct +43.662.457915.85  fax +43.662.457915.6

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Gregory [mailto:garydgregory@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 7:40 AM
To: Commons Developers List
Subject: [net] Moving to Java 6 for release 3.3

Hi All:

I committed a refactoring to trunk which failed in Continuum because I used a String Java 6 API (getBytes(Charset)). Welcome to 2012, almost 2013 ;) I believe using this API is the best way forward and similar to other code in Commons.

This is a notice that I will update the POM and continuum for build with Java 6 for the 3.3-SNAPSHOT.

If someone wants to keep running on Java 5 /and/ wants a bug fix post release 3.2, it will be in a 3.2.x release.

Thank you,
Gary

--
E-Mail: garydgregory@xxxxxxxxx | ggregory@xxxxxxxxxx JUnit in Action, 2nd Ed: <http://goog_1249600977>http://bit.ly/ECvg0