[tigerstripe-users] Tigerstripe 2.2.1: [TSGenerate] ERROR [main] (TigerstripeTask.java:85) - A JDK is required to run headless

Hi All

I have a project which was using the commercial version 2.2.1 of
Tigerstripe and I'd like to reproduce the Maven result. When trying to
generate with Maven I am facing several issues:

(1). Tried to use the only commercial Version I have left on my machine
(2.2.4) -> Maven produces the following error:
[TSGenerate] ERROR [main] (TigerstripeTask.java:85) - A JDK is required
to run headless. You are running a JRE, please install a JDK.

With this in the pom:
	<version>1.0</version>
	<packaging>tigerstripe-application</packaging>

    <build>
        <sourceDirectory>target/tigerstripe.gen</sourceDirectory>

        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.tt.x790</groupId>
                <artifactId>maven-tigerstripe-plugin</artifactId>
                <extensions>true</extensions>
            </plugin>
            <plugin>
            </plugin>
        </plugins>
    </build>

(2). Next try was using the open source Version 0.3M2 with the
instructions provided at
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Tigerstripe_Headless_Generation_Tutorial#Running
_a_Generation_from_a_Maven2_Build
This seems to work quite well after configuring (from scratch) the new
OSSJ XML plugin
(https://jsr144-private.dev.java.net/source/browse/jsr144-private/tools/
tigerstripe3.3/xml_specification_plugin).
But: the xsd filename and namespace equals the Project ID even though I
used ${name} or ${project.Name} -> Not sure if this is a problem of the
XML plugin or of Tigerstripe.

(3). Tried to update to 0.3_incubation release using the update manager
-> Error Message: "An exception occurred while downloading feature from
"http://download.eclipse.org/technology/tigerstripe/updates/features/org
.eclipse.tigerstripe.base_0.3.0.v200806301337_incubation-07MCaZVEHsEkQF@
ISZR9-GYjB1I.jar"

Next thing is probably trying to download and install the workbench
manually. (But honestly, I suspect it won't resolve the above issues...)

Thanks for your hints.

Regards
Roman

Back to the top