Re: [tigerstripe-users] Deprecation warnings

Hi Kalyan,

See my comments/responses below,

Eric

On 5/13/08 1:23 PM, "KV" <kalyan.abbaraju@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>  I have two questions.
> 1. I was wondering if there is an option to supply addition
> compilation arguments to JDT Core while compiling tigerstripe plugins.
> I checked compileProject() [ in
> org.eclipse.tigerstripe.workbench.internal.core.project.pluggable.PluggablePlu
> ginProjectPackager.java]
> source and it seems it does not accept additional arguments for
> compilation. Can this be an enhancement request as it is very helpful
> to supply additional command line args.
Indeed, I suggest you raise this in Bugzilla as an Enhancement request.

> 2. I also do not understand why only IAbstractArtifactManagerSession
> is marked as deprecated but not rest of the classes in deprecated_
> package. I was not able to suppress the deprecation warning as I am
> importing this class. I am not really sure whether my plugin
> generation is failing because of the deprecation warning message. I do
> not have any other errors in my log file.
> I am using 0.3.0.M200804151607_incubation version of tigerstripe
Well, the _deprecated package is mainly because we are trying to move to an
EMF implementation of the Artifact Manager. This is an on-going effort that
will take another few months and versions.

So a couple of points:
- the deprecation is to "warn" you that this will eventually go away. I
would say it won't go away before the end of this year. However this is the
appropriate API for now, so it won't cause your plugin to fail.
- Although we are changing the underlying infrastructure to use EMF we want
to keep the API similar if not identical.

The warning may cause problems indeed (See bug 231520) as you deploy the
plugin (not at generation once it is deployed).

Eric