[technology-pmc] Committer and Project Lead Elections

Greetings Eclipse Aidge project team.

I noticed after sending my note about the project lead that there were two also two committer elections that were created without nomination statements. As I discussed in my previous note, we consider operating in an open, transparent, and meritocratic manner to be critical to the success of an open source project and as such require that committer elections occur in an open, transparent, and meritocratic manner.

Here's a few links that describe what I mean.

https://www.eclipse.org/projects/handbook/#elections-committer

https://www.eclipse.org/projects/handbook/#contributing-contributors

https://blog.waynebeaton.ca/posts/opensource/hired-a-committer/

If these candidates are ready to be committers, then it should be easy for you to find some examples of contributions to cite in a merit statement. If there is no public record to cite, then it should be relatively easy for candidate committers to make some meaningful contributions via pull requests that you can cite when you rerun the election later.

Again, I'll drag my feet a bit to give the rest of the PMC an opportunity to respond, and then delete these election records and invite you to restart them with complete information.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Wayne
--

Wayne Beaton

Director of Open Source Projects | Eclipse Foundation

My working day may not be your working day! Please don’t feel obliged to read or reply to this e-mail outside of your normal working hours.

Back to the top