Re: [technology-pmc] Committer Election for Michael Haubenwallner on Eclipse TEA™ (Tasking Engine Advanced) has started

Elections serve, in part, as a transparent demonstration to prospective contributors of what the project team considers to be sufficient merit to join. It also serves as a transparent demonstration that the candidate has demonstrated that they understand the project well enough to take on the responsibility of being a committer.

To that end, please be as specific as possible when you're describing merit.

It's relatively easy, for example, to add a Gerrit URL:

https://git.eclipse.org/r/q/owner:michael.haubenwallner%2540ssi-schaefer.com+repo:tea/tea

While I do appreciate that statements to the effect of "Strategic planning on our company side includes his future involvement in the project." are helpful to motivate that a candidate will have the necessary time to dedicate to the role and so can be taken seriously, merit statements in a committer election should be about what the candidate has already done to demonstrate that they understand their responsibilities as a committer, and not potential for what they may do in the future.

This election has already started, so let's let it play out. In the future, please be specific.

Wayne