I'm inclined to leave the repository as-is and approve the election based on Reinhard's assertion.

Gunnar are you satisfied with this?

Wayne

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 10:43 AM Biegel, Reinhard <reinhard.biegel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Gunnar,

I already noticed that I might have violated the process by not setting the Author field.
Up to now I thought my method is in accordance with Developer's Certificate of Origin (c) located in the ECA.
I'll contact the Eclipse Webmaster to coordinate the cleanup of the repository.

Reinhard

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Gunnar Wagenknecht <gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Gesendet: Montag, 21. September 2020 15:29
An: Biegel, Reinhard <reinhard.biegel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: EMO EMO <emo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Technology PMC <technology-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Betreff: Re: [technology-pmc] [simopenpass-dev] PMC Approval required for Committer Election for David Weiß on Eclipse sim@openPASS

Reinhard,

There should be a trace *somewhere* of David’s contributions - either Bugzilla with a patch, a Gerrit review, a post to the mailing list .... literally anything would do. However, you cannot just take his contributions and commit them to Git in your name not giving any credits to David. Worse, if there is no public record I believe *you* just committed a violation of the Eclipse Foundation Development Process. Yikes!

Can you work with the Eclipse Webmaster ASAP to rewrite the Git history for proper attribution of David's contributions? Once this is fixed we have the record and can approve the election.

Note, rewriting Git history is a destructive process, i.e. incoming links to specific commits will break as such an operation. However, there is no really other option. We should clean up this mess.

Please read through the project handbook here:
https://www.eclipse.org/projects/handbook/#ip-project-content

----
Contributions by others (i.e., developers who are not committers on the receiving project) must be received via an Eclipse Foundation channel (e.g., GitHub pull request, Gerrit review, or attachment on an issue).

[details when CQ is required]

All contributions of project content must be tracked in the project’s IP Log. This is done automatically when the author information is correctly specified in Git commit records (e.g., the content creator’s credentials are correctly recorded in the author field of Git commit records).
----

More details on Git Commit records is here:
https://www.eclipse.org/projects/handbook/#resources-commit

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht