From: Wayne Beaton <wayne.beaton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 2:40 PM
Subject: Re: [birt-dev] Committer Election for Vikas Nijhawan on Eclipse Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools (BIRT) has started
To: For developers on the BIRT project <birt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: technology-pmc PMC List <technology-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Eclipse Management Organization <emo@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I'd really like a response from the project team, please.

Frankly, if a developer with committer status hadn't actually made a contribution to a repository in more than one year, then they should be a candidate to retire that committer status.

Granting committer status is very much a "what have you done for me lately?" sort of thing. If this individual is ready to be a committer, then we should see at least a few recent contributions from them.

Wayne