Re: [technology-pmc] Request review of Eclipse MicroProfile 1.2

Hi Kevin,

The Eclipse Development Process neither does define components nor partial releases with a project. However, you are free to organize the artifacts your project makes available as downloads in any way that best suites your project and community. From a process point of view, all these artifacts are released together in one release. This avoid unnecessary work - there is only one IP log and one review for the release no matter how many artifacts your project makes available.

FWIW, MicroProfile is not a top-level project. It is a project *within* the Technology top-level project. For example, there is only one single committer group and one project lead. That's much easier to handle than nested projects. There were nested projects in the past but this is a lot administrative overhead. Most projects migrated away into a flat structure.

HTH,
Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht