Re: [technology-pmc] Nominating package maintainers as committers

Am 24.03.2011 08:08, schrieb Wayne Beaton:
> Further, we need to consider that package maintainers do change. As
> somebody retires from the position, Markus can deactivate their
> committer status. I think we should make a policy of accepting new
> package maintainers if they are already known members of the community
> and committers on other projects.

It should be fairly easy if they are already committers somewhere else.
Most of the paperwork should be done already. I like that idea.

> We also need to help Markus identify a co-lead on the project: somebody
> who can help Markus with the package creation process. He is rightly
> concerned that he is a single point of failure in a very important process.

Big +1 for having a backup as well as additional helping hands for Markus.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx