[technology-pmc] Nominating package maintainers as committers

Greetings fellow PMC members.

I spoke briefly with Markus last night about nominating package
maintainers as committers on the EPP project. Currently packages must be
updated via Markus, making him a bottleneck on the process.

I think it's a good idea.

Further, we need to consider that package maintainers do change. As
somebody retires from the position, Markus can deactivate their
committer status. I think we should make a policy of accepting new
package maintainers if they are already known members of the community
and committers on other projects.

How does that sound?

We also need to help Markus identify a co-lead on the project: somebody
who can help Markus with the package creation process. He is rightly
concerned that he is a single point of failure in a very important process.

Wayne

Back to the top