Re: [technology-pmc] Project charter

(a) Of course all changes to the Charter have to ratified by the Board, but modulo that little technical detail:

(b) I think we should take your good ideas and roll them into the Charter. For example: projects are expected to graduate.

(c) I think we should remove the three streams and just find another way to state the concept as a single stream. I think the incubators stream says it best, so we should build on that.
(c.a) The reason for removing the "research stream" is that it is covered by the incubator's stream so we don't need to mention it a second time.
(c.b) The reason for removing the "education stream" is we've never done any of that and the work along those lines that has been done has been done inside every project - as it should be. We shouldn't have people thinking that educational things can only be done in the Technology PMC.

(d) We should definitely reference the Standard Charter as other top-level projects have done.

Well, those are some thoughts...

--

[end of message]

Back to the top