[technology-pmc] Phone call? Time to trim inactive projects?

Title: New Page 1
Wayne, Cliff, John,
How about a Technology PMC phone call?  Please send me (reply-one, not reply-all) some suggested times/dates.

I think we need to discuss the yet-to-be-done, but really-should-be-more-often trimming of inactive Technology projects. I looked through the list of projects:
  • ACTF - live
  • Albireo - live
  • ALF - not very live
    • dev mailing list: no dev activity since July; numerous "no meeting today" emails
    • newsgroup: nothing for months; there is a "is anybody here?" post that was not answered
    • home page: does not have an "About This Project" link in spite of at least two reminders
    • coding: a little coding is going on, looks like mostly changes to copyright notices
    • project plan: out of date: shows an end date in mid 2007 and it's now almost mid 2008
    • 13 new bugs in last 12 months, none in 2008; 34 fixed in last 12 months, none in 2008
  • Aperi - active
  • Apogee - inactive
    • needs to be closed
  • Babel - active
  • BPEL - active
  • Corona - ?
    • One programer; seem to be doing builds, can't tell if any real work is being done; newsgroup and mailing list are inactive
  • COSMOS - active
  • Dash - semi-active
  • DLTK - active
  • ECF - active
  • eclipselink - active enough
  • EPF - active
  • examples - new
  • g-eclipse - active
  • Higgins - active
  • IMP - active
  • JWT - ?
    • active mailing list, inactive newsgroup, not much coding; appears to be mostly checking in of pre-compiled jar files
  • kepler - inactive
    • needs to be closed
  • linux-distros - semi-active
  • MAT - new
  • Maynstall - becoming inactive
    • newgroup: nothing at all
    • mailing list: nothing recently
    • coding: coding continues to happen, looks like bug fixes, it's happening in the dark though, not in the open
    • home page: out of date
    • bugs: 19 new, 25 resolved in the last 12 months; 2 are enhancements, 42 are bugs; 10 new, 13 resolved in the last 6 months; all but one of the bugs was opened by a Genuitec employee
    • this project looks like Eclipse is hosting a CVS for an internal Genuitec project
  • Nebula - active
  • OFMP - new
  • OHF - active
  • OSEE - hew
  • EPP - active (enough)
  • Phoenix - active
  • Photran - inactive
    • although Jeffrey continues to commit code now and then
    • but nothing else about the project is at all active or community participating
  • RAP - active
  • Riena - new
  • Summer of Code - new/returning to life
  • Spaces - new
  • Subversive - active
  • Swordfish - new, but quite inactive
    • mailing list: no activity except the CQ system saying "hey, there's a CQ waiting for your input"
    • newsgroup: no recent activity except people asking questions without answers
    • coding: no changes since initial commit except copyright notices
  • Tigerstripe - new
  • Voice tools - inactive
    • coding: nothing since last September
    • newsgroup: nothing since December
    • mailing list: some discussion from users, no dev discussion
    • home page: does not have an "About This Project" link in spite of reminders
- Bjorn
--
[end of message]

Back to the top