[tcf-dev] Investigating TCF Agent Port to RTEMS

Hi

I am starting to work through porting the TCF Agent to RTEMS. RTEMS is a single process, multi-threading open source RTOS. Executables are usually statically linked and the TCF Agent is running as a thread.  I have pushed through the build system and gotten the Agent running enough for the portable services to work. By that, I mean those services that compiled out of the box. This is enough to have the FileSystem service working.

I am now feeling a bit overwhelmed with a list of services that have names that seem like I want to enable them but I don't know which are the minimum required. I am sure we don't want any that resolve symbolic information on the target and SysMonitor that depends on /proc which RTEMS does not have.

Which services should I focus on?

I started on RunControl which quickly got me into addressing context area definitions and ptrace(). I don't see any other way to implement this in the git source, so my current plan is to implement a minimal ptrace() for RTEMS.

What needs to be done to present a single process and multiple threads via the agent?

Is there any guidance on which Services support which perspectives in Eclipse? How can I know when I have done enough to make a specific perspective work?

Sorry to ask so many questions. There is a lot of magic to decipher and adapt.  :)

Thanks.

--joel
RTEMS

Back to the top