Re: [tcf-dev] Update TCF build environment to use Eclipse 4.3.1 as target platform

Hi everyone,

To wrap this up ... We have now 3 jobs to cover all relevant Eclipse runtime versions at https://hudson.eclipse.org/tcf ...

	- tcf-master ... this is the main job building against Eclipse 3.8.2 SDK and delivering the repo to the download server
	- tcf-master-4.3 ... building against Eclipse 4.3.1 SDK
	- tcf-master-4.4 ... building against Eclipse 4.4 M5 SDK

I also took the time to get the existing debugger and target explorer unit tests integrated into the builds. Each build is executing the tests against the SDK the artifacts are build for. Test failures are reported to the job pages only, they do not fail the build, only marking them "unstable". While we should look into the failures (target explorer only at this point of time), I don't want to have the tests stopping the delivery of the built artifacts to the download server.

Note, while we also collect coverage information during the tests via JaCoCo, I haven't found a way to publish those to the job pages.

I also created target definition files for each target platform we build and test against in "admin/target-defs". New contributors can use these target platform definition files to set the desired target platform quickly without reading a document describing which component comes from which P2 server in which version. Together with the project set's created by Martin O. to import the relevant sources into a fresh workspace, new contributors should be able to get up and running to contribute in minutes.

IMO, this is a big step forward for the TCF/TE project to assure that we do not break anything in future in terms of functionality and Eclipse SDK compatiblity while working with different target platforms.

Best regards, Uwe :)