[tcf-dev] Overview needed

I think I am lost a little bit here. As I wasn't able to get the daytime from the daytime example I tried to debug a simple C program using the TCF. Debugging works so far, but the TCF agent does not seem to contain any symbol information. I compile the test program with MinGW.

You might want to take a look at my SO question: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20422492/tcf-debug-unresolved-source-line-information

My compiled object file is pe-i386 typed so I don't think this could be the problem here but what does the agent miss here?

But besides that.. what I am trying to do is create an agent that communicates between Eclipse and a server. The server will offer functionality for a µController device such as runUntil(breakpoint) etc. and the agent will "only" have to receive this information, look up the correct line number which is mapped to the address where the device stopped and pass this information to eclipse such that this debug-stop can be visualized.

At the moment I am sure that I will have to implement that mapping part on my own since the agent does not support the debug information being generated by SDCC. This and the actual part where the agent and my server exchange their data would have to be modified/written. The rest could stay as it is if I understood the agents purpose correctly.

Would anyone be so kind helping me on my first issue und maybe give me a push into the right direction?

Back to the top