[tcf-dev] The profiler service

Hi Eugene,

I started to look at the newly added profiler service and it looks nicely generic and extensible.

A couple of initial thoughts and questions please:

If I wanted to start a process and profile it from the beginning, what debug context would I pass in to the configure command?

There can potentially be multiple profilers registered/configured for a debug context.
To disable all profilers, invoking the configure command with empty or null params will work.
I suppose to disable just one of those profilers, I could encode that choice into params?
Similarly for the read command, could be useful to disambiguate between the different profilers for a context.
(I suppose one could configure different profilers on different channels if necessary)

Would be nice to have an event to notify the client that data is available to be read (instead of having the client poll)

Finally, like Anna, I too vote, fwiw, for an implementation based on perf :)

Thanks,
Sidharth

Back to the top