Re: [tcf-dev] Replacing/Adding to TCF Run/Debug launchers in TE?

Hi Anna,

I'm not sure that I understand what you mean with "cannot leverage the launchers". Can you provide more details on that please?

In general, you can always contribute additional actions to any tree nodes. The full power or the o.e.ui.menus extension point is in you hands. So the answer to your last question is certainly yes. Still I'm trying to understand what exactly you desire to do.

In case you talk about customization to the "Remote Application" launch, than the answer is that there are a set of extension points to add/overwrite executed steps or complete step groups for an existing launch. However, this make sense mostly in the case where the launch UI (launch tabs) is compatible. In cases where you need a (total) different UI and launch tabs, it is likely more sufficient to implement a separate launch type, which of course can but not necessarily have to be based on the TE stepable launch framework.

If you want to get rid some specific pieces of the standard "TE for TCF" implementation, the idea around this had been that you drop the unwanted plug-ins. One of the core design ideas is that it should be at mimimum doable to customize the TE packaging according to your needs. You may have noted that the TE does have quite a list of plug-in's. To get rid of the TCF specific "Remote Application" and "Remote Debugger" launch configuration types, than remove the "o.e.tcf.te.tcf.launch.core" and "o.e.tcf.te.tcf.launch.ui" plug-in's from you packaging and those launches are gone. If necessary I can break out those two plug-in's into it's own feature to make it is easier to pick the features to include in your product definition or main feature.

So let's say if you plan to bundle the TE together with the "Remote C/C++ Application" launch from CDT, my thinking of how to achieve this would be that you customize the packaging of the TE to pick the pieces needed and drop the pieces not needed and add a small glue plug-in which is taking care of the TE specific contributions (like actions).

Let me know if I can be of further assistance :).

Best regards, Uwe

PS: If you want to get a "RSE free" offering including the "Remote C/C++ Application" launch, guess you have a plan to address the RSE dependencies of the o.e.cdt.launch.remote plug-in?