Re: [tcf-dev] A question about command promot charactor of TCF terminal/shell service

Hi Liping,

On Jun 27, 2011, at 9:39 AM, Ke, Liping wrote:

Hi, Anna

We’re now preparing indigo release update. We decided to switch to TCF RSE eclipse plugin upstream @ the time instead of
maintain our local changing patches for saving maintenance efforts.

One thing is that: in upstream, before connecting, we need to set command prompt character, such as #, $..
It’s really annoying and hard to use. ( I remember Martin also mentioned about that, I copied his remarks below).

Yes, I never liked this either.

Login service is a big change and currently we have no resource to deal with it.
But we did make a local patch to work around this. By echoing special magic string to the terminal, we can judge
What the prompt character is. In the future, if login service is ready, we might have better solution of course.
We want to push this patch into upstream, how do you think about it? If you agreed, I will open a new bug and send the patch
to you.

Feel free to open a new bug and attach your patch. We can discuss it there.

Thanks!
Anna.

Back to the top