Re: [swtbot-dev] problems running swtbot test suite in some configurations

On 23/10/2013 12:36, Mickael Istria wrote:
> On 10/23/2013 12:30 PM, Lorenzo Bettini wrote:
>> Since failures seem to be related to shells, probably we should wait
>> for shells to close?
> That sounds like a possible fix.
>> The problem is how to debug such situations, or understand where the
>> problem is in such a huge suite; not to mention that this happens during
>> the maven build...
> The error report shows you the test that is failing.

What worries me is that in the report, the failing test
getsAllShells(org.eclipse.swtbot.swt.finder.SWTBotTest)
is the first one of that TestCase, thus I suspect that some other tests
executed before left the shell open (and it is not easy to understand
which one :)

For the moment I tried to add to AbstractSWTShellTest

	@After
	public void closeShell() {
		UIThreadRunnable.syncExec(display, new VoidResult() {
			public void run() {
				shell.close();
			}
		});
	}

let's see...

>> is there a way to tell mvn to execute a single test
>> (or a set of tests)?
> Yes, just add "-Dtest=org.eclipse.swtbot.TestClassName" to the command
> line when running Maven.
>> it's kind of strange that I'm the only one experiencing that... my
>> laptop is a quad-core but it's two years old, I guess there are faster
>> machines around there nowadays ;)
> Yes. But that kind of thing doesn't depend only on hardware, and can for
> example depend on the window manager or other stuff. I didn't hear about
> a similar issue so far.

the strange thing is that all the computers I'm testing this use the
same OS configuration and the same window manager...

I'll keep you posted.

cheers
	Lorenzo

HOME: http://www.lorenzobettini.it