Re: [swtbot-dev] Drag n Drop Schedule/Roadmap

Hi Mickael,

 The schedule for the project is as follows:

June  17 – June 31 : Write several tests which specify the proposed API implementation. Propose the design to the community and make changes and arrive at a consensus based on majority. More than one API may be proposed, if time permits.

 July 1- July 23 : Understand the way SWT handles native UI actions. Define and introduce a utility class which takes care of Drag thresholds and delay along with providing the implementation of the API.

July 24-August 14  : Extend the individual widget classes in org.eclipse.swtbot.swt.finder.widget to provide the widget-specific drag and drop functionality.

August 15- August 31 : Extend the org.eclipse.swtbot.generator plugin so it can monitor and generate the Drag and Drop events.

 Sept 1 – Sept 17 : Test the Drag and Drop feature on different platforms (Windows , Linux, Mac) . (I can test myself on Windows and Linux). Do final optimizations and revisions to the code.  Push the code to Gerrit for review. Handle  any bug that might be raised.

I have not yet started with the different proposals to Drag n Drop as I have been a little busy, but I’ll start writing some use cases before the next week and keep you updated on the list.

Any suggestions/changes to the above roadmap are welcome.

Thanks,
Rohit

Sent from Windows Mail