[swtbot-dev] Re: Fwd: Re: Possibility of moving off to git completely ?

The build scripts are not dependent on the source repo apart from using the svn incremental version number as the .qualifier part of the feature/bundle version numbers.

SVN uses incremental revision numbers for every checkin and it given a plugin version, it was trivial to find out what revision it came from.

In order to have traceable builds, we need a story that uses incremental build numbers, with a pinch of the git rev number.

Thoughts ?

– Ketan
eclipse.org/swtbot | twitter.com/ketanpkr