[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [swtbot-dev] Re: Test Recorder
- From: Ketan Padegaonkar <ketanpadegaonkar@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 11:20:53 +0530
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from :user-agent:mime-version:to:cc:subject:references:in-reply-to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=0Mn0L35b8Z1EcbpQ5ophC9t+6tqbOf2YEWv04PI93qo=; b=o7O4QZDc0x3sYjah3P0rpJw3T5g/EjuarK9/YKHOsEFQfujukNhN53Bi9gb3QvGUXA 7tRnG2s48PsohNA3SxWWQgA/Y7RhLeiyHd+Rbk0+NfxnsTXWbpKO+2z4qWEkG2YZa2fs nt/6BeQlIV+FysNNaewmCGCYnXUf+aga6PfcU=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:cc:subject :references:in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=NNIUcHt+mgQUVtiS9typJL6scM41T4WgknouenUjAf/MxECYyAKp+jdTc7/SCpaNeB EOTK1nXi5Q0/7e1gdOEKaAIYJ4GZzU1Au0ARQj8/w2RB30LTifYFCDNoIq8AU8NFTIRS 2snnzxglMzhei9gm9bNP0JxHBJrbgUfgEPBoQ=
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100111 Lightning/1.0b1 Thunderbird/3.0.1
On 3/2/10 8:53 AM, Vasanth Velusamy wrote:
In my experience using SWTBot, I've seen that a direct qualifier (such
as a label name or a combo's value) is good enough for many cases. But
there are many other cases where such a unique identifier is not readily
available (as you mentioned earlier, trees, lists, etc. fall in this
category). I don't really like using an index to identify a widget.
Seems too fragile to me. But thats just my personal opinion.
Anyway, as a solution for the recorder, I was thinking more along the
lines of letting the user choose what strategy to use. We can have
something like a 'Detailed' mode for the recorder, whereby, whenever a
selection has to be made, a dialog will pop up with multiple options for
the user to choose from. The options might include selection by index,
selection by label, selection by group, etc. - whatever is applicable in
Bang on target on both the notes :) These are very much along the lines
of the thoughts that have been going through my mind.