Re: [swtbot-dev] Re: Test Recorder

In my experience using SWTBot, I've seen that a direct qualifier (such
as a label name or a combo's value) is good enough for many cases. But
there are many other cases where such a unique identifier is not readily
available (as you mentioned earlier, trees, lists, etc. fall in this
category). I don't really like using an index to identify a widget.
Seems too fragile to me. But thats just my personal opinion.

Anyway, as a solution for the recorder, I was thinking more along the
lines of letting the user choose what strategy to use. We can have
something like a 'Detailed' mode for the recorder, whereby, whenever a
selection has to be made, a dialog will pop up with multiple options for
the user to choose from. The options might include selection by index,
selection by label, selection by group, etc. - whatever is applicable in
that scenario.

- Vasanth

Bang on target on both the notes :) These are very much along the lines of the thoughts that have been going through my mind.

Cheers!

-- Ketan

Cool! I will look into the user-decides-accessor-strategy feature at some point, after adding recorder support for some more widgets.

- Vasanth

Back to the top