[swordfish-dev] Chat transcript 18/02/2009

Title: Chat transcript 18/02/2009
[START Transcript 17/02/2009]

Jürgen Kindler
Good morning ...
@Volodymyr: Have you managed to check in by now? It might work again ...

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
Hi Jurgen
yep it works
give me 10 mins to check in everything

Jürgen Kindler
Hi folks... current build result:
[cc]Feb-18 09:43:50 ScriptRunner  - [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[cc]Feb-18 09:43:50 ScriptRunner  - [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[cc]Feb-18 09:43:50 ScriptRunner  - [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[cc]Feb-18 09:43:50 ScriptRunner  - [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
[cc]Feb-18 09:43:50 ScriptRunner  -
[cc]Feb-18 09:43:50 ScriptRunner  - Missing:
[cc]Feb-18 09:43:50 ScriptRunner  - ----------
[cc]Feb-18 09:43:50 ScriptRunner  - 1) org.eclipse.swordfish:org.eclipse.swordfish.compatibility.smx3:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
[cc]Feb-18 09:43:50 ScriptRunner  -
[cc]Feb-18 09:43:50 ScriptRunner  -   Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
[cc]Feb-18 09:43:50 ScriptRunner  -
[cc]Feb-18 09:43:50 ScriptRunner  -   Then, install it using the command:
[cc]Feb-18 09:43:50 ScriptRunner  -       mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.eclipse.swordfish -DartifactId=org.eclipse.swordfish.compatibility.smx3 -Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
[cc]Feb-18 09:43:50 ScriptRunner  -
[cc]Feb-18 09:43:50 ScriptRunner  -   Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
[cc]Feb-18 09:43:50 ScriptRunner  -       mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.eclipse.swordfish -DartifactId=org.eclipse.swordfish.compatibility.smx3 -Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]
[cc]Feb-18 09:43:50 ScriptRunner  -
[cc]Feb-18 09:43:50 ScriptRunner  -   Path to dependency:
[cc]Feb-18 09:43:50 ScriptRunner  -   1) org.eclipse.swordfish:org.eclipse.swordfish.core.test.util:bundle:1.0-SNAPSHOT
[cc]Feb-18 09:43:50 ScriptRunner  -   2) org.eclipse.swordfish:org.eclipse.swordfish.compatibility.smx3:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
[cc]Feb-18 09:43:50 ScriptRunner  -
[cc]Feb-18 09:43:50 ScriptRunner  - ----------
[cc]Feb-18 09:43:50 ScriptRunner  - 1 required artifact is missing.
[cc]Feb-18 09:43:50 ScriptRunner  -
[cc]Feb-18 09:43:50 ScriptRunner  - for artifact:
[cc]Feb-18 09:43:50 ScriptRunner  -   org.eclipse.swordfish:org.eclipse.swordfish.core.test.util:bundle:1.0-SNAPSHOT

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
I have  problems wioth commiting the changes
It will take more time than expected

Jürgen Kindler
Oh... I see ...The cc build starts running after 5 minutes without new commits. Should I prolong the period to 10 minutes ?

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
no it's ok
we may just ignore failed builds for the next 30 mins

Jürgen Kindler
Ok, thanks... I will pause it for now until you notify me that the stuff it committed ... It's on my computer and is quite resource intensive because it has to build up the Maven repository from scratch each time

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
Oh, ok
@Juergen: let's start the CI tool on your machine
I still have stability issues
and probably integrtation tests will not pass

Jürgen Kindler
Ok... started
Wow... you'vechanged a lot

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
yep
but got lots of issues

Jürgen Kindler
[cc]Feb-18 11:01:40 ScriptRunner  - [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
[cc]Feb-18 11:01:40 ScriptRunner  -
[cc]Feb-18 11:01:40 ScriptRunner  - Missing:
[cc]Feb-18 11:01:40 ScriptRunner  - ----------
[cc]Feb-18 11:01:40 ScriptRunner  - 1) org.eclipse.swordfish:org.eclipse.swordfish.compatibility.smx3:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
[cc]Feb-18 11:01:40 ScriptRunner  -
[cc]Feb-18 11:01:40 ScriptRunner  -   Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
[cc]Feb-18 11:01:40 ScriptRunner  -
[cc]Feb-18 11:01:40 ScriptRunner  -   Then, install it using the command:
[cc]Feb-18 11:01:40 ScriptRunner  -       mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.eclipse.swordfish -DartifactId=org.eclipse.swordfish.compatibility.smx3 -Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
[cc]Feb-18 11:01:40 ScriptRunner  -
[cc]Feb-18 11:01:40 ScriptRunner  -   Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
[cc]Feb-18 11:01:40 ScriptRunner  -       mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.eclipse.swordfish -DartifactId=org.eclipse.swordfish.compatibility.smx3 -Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]
[cc]Feb-18 11:01:40 ScriptRunner  -
[cc]Feb-18 11:01:40 ScriptRunner  -   Path to dependency:
[cc]Feb-18 11:01:40 ScriptRunner  -   1) org.eclipse.swordfish:org.eclipse.swordfish.core.test.util:bundle:1.0-SNAPSHOT
[cc]Feb-18 11:01:40 ScriptRunner  -   2) org.eclipse.swordfish:org.eclipse.swordfish.compatibility.smx3:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
[cc]Feb-18 11:01:40 ScriptRunner  -
[cc]Feb-18 11:01:40 ScriptRunner  - ----------
[cc]Feb-18 11:01:40 ScriptRunner  - 1 required artifact is missing.
[cc]Feb-18 11:01:40 ScriptRunner  -
[cc]Feb-18 11:01:40 ScriptRunner  - for artifact:
[cc]Feb-18 11:01:40 ScriptRunner  -   org.eclipse.swordfish:org.eclipse.swordfish.core.test.util:bundle:1.0-SNAPSHOT
[cc]Feb-18 11:01:40 ScriptRunner  -
[cc]Feb-18 11:01:40 ScriptRunner  - from the specified remote repositories:
[cc]Feb-18 11:01:40 ScriptRunner  -   com.springsource.repository.bundles.release (http://repository.springsource.com/maven/bundles/release),
[cc]Feb-18 11:01:40 ScriptRunner  -   ibiblio (http://http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/),
[cc]Feb-18 11:01:40 ScriptRunner  -   central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2),
[cc]Feb-18 11:01:40 ScriptRunner  -   com.springsource.repository.bundles.external (http://repository.springsource.com/maven/bundles/external),
[cc]Feb-18 11:01:40 ScriptRunner  -   i21-s3-osgi-repo (http://maven.springframework.org/osgi)
So it looks like the bundle project still references compatibility.smx3

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
could you look at org.eclipse.swordfish.bundles/pom.xml
to see if it contains such dependency
it shoukd contain only compatibility.stax-api
and compatibility.cxf.minimal

Jürgen Kindler
I think the first thing is that org.eclipse.swordfish.compatibility.smx3 should not be referenced by the bundle pom.xml unfortunately my Eclipse just hangs ... I take emacs just a moment ...

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
sure

Jürgen Kindler
OK... I see stax-api and cxf minimal ...
Hm.... it'll take some time to analyze the implicit dependencies ...
In core.configuration.test/pom.xml the smx3 is still being referenced ...
I think I read this in the wrong way... The poms of the integration test projects still contain references to the compatibility.smx3 project ...
So the build of the integration tests fails...
(I assume now that the compatibility.smx3 is not in the build anymore ...

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
ok
will remove that

Jürgen Kindler
Just remove the jar from your local maven repo at $HOME/.m2/repository/org/clipse/swordfish and run the build of the core.integrationtest ... That should show you the references ...

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
The problem is that integration tests rely on many dependencies that actually are not needed
I want to clean them up

Jürgen Kindler
Yes, I agree... I would like them to be localized somewhere else (e.g. in a separate Maven project) and reference the scope ...

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
yep

Jürgen Kindler
Dietmar told me that Guillaume made some additions to the Spring OSGi stuff to build a list of bundles needed at runtime in order to have a complete packaging.... can you give me a pointer (possibly to some docs) so I understand what it does ...?

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
Don't know

Jürgen Kindler
Ok... thanks ... I'll push him again

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
SMX guys created a simple maven-depends plugin, that forms the list of dependencies(with versions)
but in general it's better to ask Dietmar
Sorry for that

Jürgen Kindler
np thanks for your info!

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
have fixed integration  tests, removed unnecessary dependencies
now will group  all integration test projectsunder one parent pom directory

Guillaume Nodet
could anyone give me the svn url please ?

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/rt/org.eclipse.swordfish/trunk/

Guillaume Nodet
thx

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
np

Jürgen Kindler
Hi Volodymyr ... there would have been a candidate for that - have you seen it?

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
yes
i'm moving tests to the ..core.integrationtests directory

Jürgen Kindler
If you have used that, my CC should continue working...
Ok... cool...
Fine

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
))

Dietmar Wolz
@Guillaume: Running ODE inside SMX4 we get an exception loading a JPA resource - InputStream in = DBDictionary.class.getResourceAsStream("sql-keywords.rsrc"); in org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.DBDictionary which works well outside OSGI/Felix. Do you have any idea what can cause this problem?

Andreas Mattes
STATUS: Entering Sprint - going to check functionality of Eclipse BPEL editor with recent Eclipse versions (current Ganymede, if available Galileo Milestone).

Guillaume Nodet
@drdietmarwolz sorry missed your message, do you have the full stack trace ?

Dietmar Wolz
STATUS:
finished task: Try to deploy the actual Snapshot build of ODE to SMIX4
result:  JPA-Problem not solved
current task - together with Andrey:
Deploy ODE to SMIX4
open problem:  exception loading a JPA resource
next tasks:
a) Further investigate the JPA / getResourceAsStream classloader issue
b) When deployment successful, try BPEL examples from ODE in SMIX4

Anubhav Sharma
STATUS: offsprint

Jürgen Kindler
STATUS:
No news. Build still failed an hour ago.

Sergey Dneprovskiy
STATUS: Offsprint (Finishing SOPERA 3.2 related tasks)

Dietmar Wolz
@Guillaume: Andrey will provide you with the stack trace at 16.15h after our daily status, thanks for your attention

Andrey Kopachevsky
I think it not related closely reladed to SMX
STATUS: Works under JPA +OSGI+SMX compatiblity, bug is unclear because it lead deep inside Jdk jars with sources with not open source (sun.net.* package), good if we can discuss it after scrum-meeting.

Zsolt Beothy-Elo
STATUS: Still working on task "Design & implement domain model.. ", no impediments.

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
Task:Migrate to the 1.0.0-m3 version of the ServiceMix4 NMR
Trying to deploy the http endpoint. Experiencing some problems with custom spring xml namespace handling

Anubhav Sharma
so lets go through one by one as printed in the chat sequence
from my view the ODE task is getting critical
@Dietmar do we have enough buffer to accomodate the problems?

Dietmar Wolz
Maybe we have a problem here, since the source of the trouble seems jdk-related and hard to debug

Andrey Kopachevsky
I think I've found dirty hack, but it require rebuild openjpa)
if it acceptable for time been we can try

Anubhav Sharma
thats good atleast to proceed further

Andrey Kopachevsky
ok, than I'll do this today

Guillaume Nodet
is that a classloader issue related to JPA ?

Andrey Kopachevsky
I would say it JPA issue related to classloading))
it not reproduced on my custom jbi component
if you intersted I'll give more details after meeting

Guillaume Nodet
sure

Anubhav Sharma
ok so for now we can proceed thats great
but we have to also make sure this fix goes into the release

Dietmar Wolz
There may be also a IP-compliance problem for a OpenJPA patch since the priority deadline for Gallilio was 01-30

Anubhav Sharma
ok but atleast we can proceed for now, in parallel we have to check about the patch

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
as far as I know, there is the eclipse jpa implementation

Dietmar Wolz
which would require an ODE patch, another option indeed

Anubhav Sharma
we should discuss this after we finish our meeting
@Jürgen, u gonna try the build again after Volodymyr's fixes

Jürgen Kindler
Again and again  Currently running...
Hoping the missing repo is added

Anubhav Sharma
once it runs, plz update us

Jürgen Kindler
Sure

Anubhav Sharma
@Andreas: great to see you back
@Sergey, from tomm you would be able to join the team right?

Sergey Dneprovskiy
yes

Anubhav Sharma
so if noone has any comments, we can finish the meeting
and discuss the JPA stuff

Dietmar Wolz
Andrey, please provide us with some details

Andrey Kopachevsky
ok, firs of all this is problem description
during OpenJPA initialization inside class org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.DBDictionary following code executing:
       InputStream in = DBDictionary.class.getResourceAsStream("sql-keywords.rsrc");
Wehre "sql-keywords.rsrc" is keywords list resource file, placed in the same folder as DBDictionary class, inside openjpa-1.1.jar and in non-osgi environment everything working well. But OSGI classloader returns null (NullPointException is core reason in latest stack trace), can’t tell exactly why this is happened need to RTFM, and maybe it only Felix specific issue.
I've tried to reproduce this, create simple jbi component that tried to load as stream file from included jar, and it actually works
during debug I saw that classloader could resolve path to resource to right url
jar:bundle://143.0:1/lib/openjpa-1.1.0.jar!/org/apache/openjpa/jdbc/sql/sql-keywords.rsrc
but it returns null when try to open stream
I'm waiting for questions from this point)

Guillaume Nodet
so this is when Ode is deployed in smx ? which means using the JBI packaging which embeds openjpa, right ?

Andrey Kopachevsky
yes, ode has lib/openjpa.jar inside
on SMX3 with same ode-jbi component this problem not reproduced

Dietmar Wolz
you mentioned a workaround patching openjpa, how does this work?

Andrey Kopachevsky
well, I stopped in debug mode in this point and start experiments
I mean at this line
 InputStream in = DBDictionary.class.getResourceAsStream("sql-keywords.rsrc");
full path
DBDictionary.class.getResourceAsStream("/org/apache/openjpa/jdbc/sql/sql-keywords.rsrc");
also returns null

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
please try DBDictionary.class.getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream("/org/apache/openjpa/jdbc/sql/sql-keywords.rsrc");

Guillaume Nodet
what is the type of the classloader used to load this resource ? is it org.apache.xbean.classloader.MultiParentClassLoader ?

Andrey Kopachevsky
yes
but DBDictionary.class.getResourceAsStream("/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF") don't return null, so recources from META-INF folder accessible
so we can put sql-keywords.rsrc inside META-INF folder, but it very dirty I know

Guillaume Nodet
i've patched last week the MultiParentClassLoader to fix some problems in osgi
i mean I created a new class in smx nmr derived from MultiParentClassLoader
i'll try to investigate that one on my side
did you had to apply SMX4-51 (or whichever) patch before ?

Andrey Kopachevsky
yes (

Dietmar Wolz
which means we should try the actual nmr snapshot with SMX4-51 ?

Andrey Kopachevsky
yes

Guillaume Nodet
well, i don't think this issue would be solved
this was an unrelated issue, but a possible fix could be in that class

Andrey Kopachevsky
but I'll used latest SMX build from trunk sources
Dietmar is this issue also reproducing in your env?

Dietmar Wolz
Yep, I also used a new patched NMR snapshot version

Andrey Kopachevsky
ok, I'm not alone)

Dietmar Wolz
what about Volodymyrs suggestion, should not make any difference, but who knows?

Andrey Kopachevsky
I'll try it

Dietmar Wolz
Guillaume, thank you for investigating the problem, for now I think we shoud proceed with the "dirty hack" just to find the next issue asap. Andrey, can you please put the patched openJpa on our exchange?

Andrey Kopachevsky
i'm not created it yet, but I'll will

Dietmar Wolz
thanks

Jürgen Kindler
Compiling Swordfish
ExecutingIntegration tests

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
what's the problem?

Jürgen Kindler
[cc]Feb-18 16:38:23 ScriptRunner  - Tests in error:
[cc]Feb-18 16:38:23 ScriptRunner  -   test1SimpleConfiguration(org.eclipse.swordfish.core.configuration.test.ConfigurationTest)
[cc]Feb-18 16:38:23 ScriptRunner  -   test2ConfigurationPollableSourceTest(org.eclipse.swordfish.core.configuration.test.ConfigurationTest)
[cc]Feb-18 16:38:23 ScriptRunner  -   test3AsynchronousConfigurationUpdateTest(org.eclipse.swordfish.core.configuration.test.ConfigurationTest)
[cc]Feb-18 16:38:23 ScriptRunner  -
[cc]Feb-18 16:38:23 ScriptRunner  - Tests run: 3, Failures: 0, Errors: 3, Skipped: 0
[cc]Feb-18 16:38:23 ScriptRunner  -

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
will discuss in the separate chat

Jürgen Kindler
Yes... what I do is mvn clean install for the main pom and then for the integrationtest pom
Ok

Guillaume Nodet
the ode problem comes from the following exception
ProcessStoreImpl-1@24390 daemon, priority=5, in group 'main', status: 'RUNNING'
 at org.apache.felix.framework.URLHandlersBundleStreamHandler.openConnection(URLHandlersBundleStreamHandler.java:69)
 at java.net.URL.openConnection(URL.java:943)
 at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.JarURLConnection.<init>(JarURLConnection.java:64)
 at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.Handler.openConnection(Handler.java:24)
 at java.net.URL.openConnection(URL.java:943)
 at java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:1,007)
 at java.lang.ClassLoader.getResourceAsStream(ClassLoader.java:1,216)
 at java.lang.Class.getResourceAsStream(Class.java:1,998)
 at org.apache.openjpa.conf.OpenJPAVersion.<clinit>(OpenJPAVersion.java:50)
 at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.AbstractBrokerFactory.getFactoryInitializationBanner(AbstractBrokerFactory.java:663)
 at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.AbstractBrokerFactory.makeReadOnly(AbstractBrokerFactory.java:616)
 at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.AbstractBrokerFactory.newBroker(AbstractBrokerFactory.java:183)
 at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.DelegatingBrokerFactory.newBroker(DelegatingBrokerFactory.java:142)
 at org.apache.openjpa.persistence.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.createEntityManager(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:192)
 at org.apache.openjpa.persistence.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.createEntityManager(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:145)
 at org.apache.openjpa.persistence.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.createEntityManager(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:56)
 at org.apache.ode.store.jpa.DbConfStoreConnectionFactory.getConnection(DbConfStoreConnectionFactory.java:49)
 at org.apache.ode.store.ProcessStoreImpl.getConnection(ProcessStoreImpl.java:549)
 at org.apache.ode.store.ProcessStoreImpl.access$300(ProcessStoreImpl.java:74)
 at org.apache.ode.store.ProcessStoreImpl$Callable.call(ProcessStoreImpl.java:698)
 at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:269)
 at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
 at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)

[END]

Want to join the chat?
http://www.skype.com/go/joinpublicchat?skypename=ranyart99&topic=Swordfish%20Developers&blob=Gu7tZh64gTuo551Icz6_iwhXVeXxQ0K4yEzI5XFwGdWIQ_-miteLtgSBILodJ8koN6Uwy9PiotEU5ewRYFqEJeUtl1Yhfc1ipuVwOFz0SWN9HwMZAeikprh0R_8

--

Oliver Wolf
SOPERA GmbH