[stp-pmc] Distributed OSGi Tools

Hi all,

I'm currently working on some tooling for Distributed OSGi (see RFC 119
in http://www.osgi.org/download/osgi-4.2-early-draft2.pdf).

The thing I'm currently working on is some editors for D-OSGi file
formats. These are all heavily XML based and it turns out that the good
old XEF editor is a great starting point for this.
So I have started making the XEF framework a little more flexible to
support this, all backwards compatible, of course (just committed a
first part of this in r2854) and I'm looking for a place to host the
Distributed OSGi tooling stuff. This might be a temporary place as this
project might ultimately be a proper STP subproject of its own, but I
guess it would be really nice to have a place in SVN where I can at
least store the code for the moment.

What I have right now is an Eclipse plugin called org.eclipse.stp.dosgi.
Since merely just invokes the XEF editor with a bunch of configuration
settings it's currently < 100 lines + an XSD file of 122 lines.

Would it be an idea to either add this project to

svn+ssh://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/stp/org.eclipse.stp.policy-editor/org.eclipse.stp.policy/trunk
or maybe as a separate component with its own trunk under
 svn+ssh://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/stp/org.eclipse.stp.policy-editor

Cheers,

David

Back to the top