Re: [stp-pmc] Re-alligning the STP with current engineering activities

A number of observations here:

1. The 'core' component is not active, and emails to the lead and committers to this component have not had responses. I will be emailing the committers and lead to see if they are interested in continuing with the component, and if not, I will propose that we retire it after a consultation with the community.

2. The hybrid model has a grand goal to serve as unifying baseline for SOA projects, as it attempts to model not just services, components and bindings, but also other concepts that are part of common SOA modeling and infrastructure technologies. In this respect it is superior to the SCA model, which is mostly
about component construction, composition and policy.

3. Any new components in the project are consider significant updates and
so must go to the membership for informational purposes. This is not an
onerous task.

4. If a new component is required, then we need a clearly stated proposal
to be placed before the PMC, upon which they will comment and vote, and
then provision the component.

5. I think we may need to revisit our charter in the light of this work and the
inactivity of org.eclipse.stp.core.

cheers
 --oh

Registered Number: 171387