Re: [stp-pmc] Re-alligning the STP with current engineering activities

Hi Adrian and PMC members,

My take on this right now is we have a few tasks to do in order to successfully introduce the hybrid model:

* Revise the charter to downplay the role of the SCA component within our project, and identify follow on activities required with the eclipse foundation.
If the point is to downplay the role of the SCA "core" sub-project, I agree with this proposal.

* Remove the core project completely from the STP. There will be no "core" in STP.
OK

* Try to identify a route by which we can take in the Hybrid Model ecore and create a new sub-project to accommodate it. I don't believe this significantly changes our charter, but do we need to bring this up for discussion with anybody in eclipse that is outside the STP project?
Yes, Hybrid Model ecore is only a technical choice for facilitating information transfer and interoperability between editors , and so, on my opinion, doesn't affect the mission of the STP project, and so the charter.

Best regards,
-Alain

* Flesh out the Incubator project to allow us to accept other additional incoming contributions to the STP. * We need to raise an IPZilla to bring in the core. Is there anything that we can do to speed up the review process, as quite a lot of modification will follow to properly use this model, and these changes are best made as far away from release dates as possible!

Thoughts?

Adrian Skehill.

Principal Engineer,
IONA Technologies.