Re: [stp-pmc] STP milestone dates (provisional)

"  1.  coding developer -> uses service creation tech to make
   and test services

 2.  SOA designer -> constructs the overall picture of the SOA
   to be deployed

 3.  compositional developer ->  re-uses existing services and
   joins them together, perhaps with routing/enrichment services

 4.  Modeling developer ->  comes from a world of BPM and needs
   to create services from those models"

Lets not forget, however, that quite often the same developer fills more than one, or even all, of those roles at various stages in the development process.

Keep your stick on the ice,

David Brandow
Sybase EAServer Engineering

Oisin Hurley <ohurley@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: stp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/11/2006 02:59 AM

Please respond to
STP PMC list <stp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

STP PMC list <stp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[stp-pmc] STP milestone dates (provisional)

Since nothing focusses the mind better than a deadline,
I suggest we commit to going into Europa next year.

Working backwards from that, assuming a 30 June delivery, we get:

 RC2  -- 01 jun
 RC1  -- 04 may
 M4   -- 16 mar
 M3   -- 02 feb
 M2   -- 22 dec
 M1   -- 03 nov

I've assumed 4 weeks for each RC, 6 weeks per milestone. We need to
pick a scenario or two on which to deliver. We have some at

http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/STP_Call_for_Scenarios

but they are limited and I enjoin you to add to this, or get someone
else to :)

My current STP pitch goes thusly:  That is are more than one
class of SOA developer and that each of these classes have a
different entry point to the toolset. We need to address all
of these in some fashion:

 1.  coding developer -> uses service creation tech to make
   and test services

 2.  SOA designer -> constructs the overall picture of the SOA
   to be deployed

 3.  compositional developer ->  re-uses existing services and
   joins them together, perhaps with routing/enrichment services

 4.  Modeling developer ->  comes from a world of BPM and needs
   to create services from those models

Then of course once those guys are happy, we need to be able
to deploy everything to a mix of containers.

There's a number of work items, which I'll bundle together into
areas and which can be addressed by coding, or through integration
with elements from other projects.

Development Support:
 * support for JAXWS service creation
 * support for SCA local/remote services, Java and C++
 * BPEL composition construction
 * all these things need introspectors to populate the
   central model

SCA Support:
 * model up-to-date with standard work
 * visualization of model, with manipulation features

Deployment Support:
 * WTP/STP blended deployment/runtime framework
 * deploy to Tuscany runtime
 * JBI deployment

User Support:
 * Overhaul website
 * Review documentation of subprojects

It would be very useful if each of our subproject leads could
give us some ideas about how they see their project element
moving forward.

 regards
  --oh

----