Re: [stp-dev] Last chance for Feedback: SOA Tree Proposal

Hi Zsolt,

thanks for the feedback and sorry for the slow reply. My replies inline:

> The most important first: +1 for Mangrove

great, with the vote closing today, it looks like this is the winner :)

> Also a few questions / remarks:
> What would be the relationship between the Core Model and a repository. Would you store the model in the repository or does it only exist in the local workspace?

the instance of the Core Model will represent the "current" snapshot of the set of existing SOA artifacts. This core model is a good candidate I think to store in the EMF modeling repository because this would allow for versioning and other things.

> What do you mean with "Obtaining information from SOA repositories"? Does that mean the model includes all relevant informations available in the repository or is it basically just a list of links to the information?

good question: I think that some basic information can be extracted from SOA repositories (typical example is a service name, its bindings and other elements that are part of the core metamodel). For complete information it makes more sense to provide a link to the SOA repository, potentially through a property whose key could be something like "repository-link" and value the actual URI maybe for the repo.

> You also mention runtime data from monitoring that could be included into the  Core Model. Does the mean we would a further monitoring model that is fed by a monitoring tool and synchronized with the core model?

Here I just mean that we could have one or several transformations that would bring in some monitoring data from monitoring projects, similarly to how we'd bring in SOA repository info. For instance, an average response time for a service could be added as a property to service elements (we have already experimented with such connections using STP-IM and a monitoring system for SCA).

Hope this helps and I will make some small additions to the proposal to make it more clear on these points.

Regards,
Adrian.

Back to the top