Re: [stp-dev] Galileo build M6 19th March

We will branch before EclipseCon then. Looks like fun.

Thank you for your help on this matter Oisin.

Thanks,

Antoine

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 1:34 AM, Oisin Hurley <oisin.hurley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The M6, or "feature freeze" build for Galileo is planned for the 19th
March, according to the schedule at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Galileo

The idea is that projects 'freeze' their new feature creation at this
point. This of course, is not mandatory, but just like any other
project it does allow for a considerable period of stability leading
up to the final release.

To facilitate projects that will be taking this as a feature freeze,
I'm thinking we should set up weekly builds for testing purposes, as
well as on-checkin builds for those components/projects that require
it.

This will be done through the Hudson build automation system.

In pursuit of this goal, you will see some changes happening to your
project/component in a 'build' component over the next week. Where I
have commit access, I'll commit the changes, otherwise you'll see a
patch coming in.

I just want to remind everyone (including myself :) that you should have
1) your project ramp-down policy in place; 2) XML-formatted project
plan in place (see http://wiki.eclipse.org/Galileo) for this
Milestone.

Thanks all!

 --oh