[***** SPAM 1.3 *****] Re: [stp-dev] STP Tutorial wiki page

Hi.

Renat Zubairov a écrit :
Re: [stp-dev] STP Tutorial wiki I was also thinking about what we’ve talked during the phone conference – about non-Eclipse components for the runtime and generation (please correct me if I’m wrong).
Could you please explain what kind of missing peaces we have on the whole end2end SOA applications deployment?

Do you mean, what is not yet done or what is not "in Eclipse" ?
Because in fact, except for the platforms, everything should be in Eclipse (STP) in fact.
And nothing is really done about it. Just planned.

In few sentences about SCA (not SOA)... There are several directions about deployment.
If you take Apache Tuscany or OW2 Frascati, they are a set of librairies.
So you can use them directly by putting them into the project class path (for SCA Java) and making a main method or using one of the provided scripts.
You also have the possibility to embed them into an application server and manage the deployment into this server.

My point of view about this is that we should be able to define Tuscany (and later Frascati) servers that run directly in the workspace and that we can associate with projects (and then, like in the Tuscany Eclipse tools - right-click on the composite > run AS > Tuscany). This can be done with a preference page and using the server view. Clearly, the deployment part does not make anysense if we don't support Tuscany. That's why it must be done.

Now, if we take PEtALS (with its service engine based on Frascati), the deploymnet is made up of two (or three) steps.
First, you have to export your project into a service assembly (right-click on the project > export > JBI archive, and in one wizard page, select the root composite and the implementation elements).
And the second step is to create a PEtALS server and then drag and drop the JBI archive on the PEtALS server.
These elements were already foreseen on my side and I was thinking to open a CQ about this in January.

And then, there other kinds of SCA platforms. Fabric3 for example is a little bit different since they have plug-in or "add-ons", and make an important use of Maven for the deployment (for what I saw when I made their tutorials).
We will have to see later about these ones.

Basicaly, all we need for the deployment should be the platforms and the STP tooling.
FYI,  Tuscany already have some Eclipse tools that lets you to run an SCA application into their platform. IMO, the biggest work about supporting Tuscany is more about a correct integration with the Eclipse server view.
When I get time, I will create a page on the wiki about SCA deployment (since all of this is my point of view, we still have to clarify several points with Stephane).

            Vincent.

Back to the top