[stp-dev] And now -- Ganymede M6 Apr 9

It's probably fair to say that we will all be busy coming up
to EclipseCon, preparing talks, tutorials and the like. But
pretty soon after that event, we'll have another milestone :)

Component leads, please go take a look at [0] for all of the
gory details.

Most importantly, M6 April 9, is intended to be the date for
an API freeze. This is to ensure the community has enough
time to try out your APIs and let you know what it thinks
before the final close-down in June.

A great way to prepare for this is to Enumerate and Document
your Extension Points and Public APIs.

Another good thing to do is take the time to see what APIs
you have should be *internal*. It's not *internal*, then
it's open to all. As you all know, making something internal
is a matter of 1) naming the package appropriately and 2)
ensuring that the OSGi access rules are set up correctly.

Do allow a bit of time for this work.

Also most importantly, there are *16* MUST DO items that need
to be covered by all projects, ere the feel the lash of the
foundation's displeasure. I'd like to draw your attention
to these - the full list is at [1] - but I've got a checkpoint
list at  http://wiki.eclipse.org/STP/Ganymede_Release for
us to track.

More on this all later :)

 cheers