Re: [stp-dev] SOATools blog

On Jan 15, 2008 6:26 AM, Oisin Hurley <ohurley@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> this looks like a great idea. However is such a time consuming
> experience for me that I don't see myself contributing to both my
> blog and this one.

I know the feeling - I think I'll keep my blog more as an opinion piece
and keep contributions to this one on the topic of SOA Tools.
What you can do there is tag the articles you want to see contributed to SOA Tools as "soa tools", and give me feed URL for this tag. That's what I do for Planet Eclipse.
If you're using Wordpress, it's
http://{blog}/blog/category/{tag}/feed

> I would like to suggest to create a feed using Yahoo Pipes that
> would merge all the feeds of blogs talking about STP.*
> We could have this feed show on the blog in a column.

+1 sounds like a good plan.

> Could you give me rights over the blog to get this done ?

You got them. Go to https://dev.eclipse.org/blogs/soatools/wp-login.php
and log in - IM me if issues arise.
ok thanks - I'll chime here when done.

> *: If we want to go heavyweight, I have created a Rails application
> that does that, you can look it up here:
> http://funnel.rubyforge.org

That looks interesting in its own right. I've been looking
for something that can funnel feeds, SMTP sources, IMAP
sources, NNTP sources into one place and let me mark, filter
and sort them into thematic streams.
I did something for SVN logs if that's of interest for you. It just does a svn log, and creates a RSS file out of it.

http://svn2rss.rubyforge.org.

I think it's possible to pipe pretty much anything in the same way.

 cheers
  --oh

Registered Number: 171387

http://www.lunar-ocean.com/blog