[stp-dev] Integration of Service Creation with Policy Editor planned for Ganymede release

Hi David and Johnson,

I would like to discuss in detail the integration of Service Creation with Policy Editor planned for Ganymede release.
Some of topics were described and discussed in wiki: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Policy_Framework_in_STP.

Open questions:
1. How we will manage policy files in service project (JAX-WS) and how policies will mapped to service?
   a) as separate files with .policy extension
      In this case it is necessary to map policy files to wsdl (or individual operations/bindings in wsdl). Simple scenario could be just save policy files into service project and suppose that all of them will be automatically attached to service.
   b) as ws-policy attachments
      In this case policies will be saved directly in WSDL and WSDL elements will contain references to these policies. The largest problem in this case is that WTP WSDL editor don't support policy references at the moment (it just ignores them). Therefore we cannot activate Policy Editor from WSDL editor. I think we can make proposal to WTP project to extend WSDL editor on such way (display policy references and, by click, activate our policy editor registered on corresponded extension point). But I am afraid it is not realistic for Ganymede.

2. Will we support Policy Repository for Ganymede?
   a) File System based implementation;
   b) DB based implementation;
   c) no Policy Repository, just policy files saved in service project (JAX-WS).

3. How we will manage XML Schemas for Policy Assertions?
   Issues are described in http://wiki.eclipse.org/STP/GUILookAndFeelIntegrationProposal#XML_Schemas

4. What kind of policy validation we will implement for Ganymede?
   a) simple schema validation;
   b) rule-based validation;
   c) validation framework based solution.

I suggest to keep the first iteration as simple as possible: manage policy files in service project only; provide schema based validation; store custom assertion XML schemas in service project; do not support Policy Repository. When we will have first integrated solution, it could be extended by additional features and functionality.
What is your opinion?

Regards,
Andrei.

Back to the top