Re: [stp-dev] Java First Programming Model Refactor

On 26 Sep 2007, at 10:12, Mark Walker wrote:

I agree, that is the current major drawback: existing tools.

However, the ideal of allowing developers using the tool to customize
the tool to suit their domain/application needs is a major win - and
would increase the chances of adoption of that tool.

I think so - as our glorious leader, Mike Milinkovich :), constantly
stresses in his presentation, there is a lot of code in any software
company that does not give a competitive advantage. To be more
competitive, organizations should just use open source for this
code, and concentrate on maintaining stuff that moves them on in the
marketplace. I think that such multifarious WSDL tool framework
falls into the category of 'not competitive'.

Depending on how much "buy in" we could get from the general WS
community (notwithstanding the concerns of existing JEE/WS vendors) the
win/win would be that future versions of their tools could be
produced/maintained by the Open Source community.

+1

I wonder would the WTP guys be interested in this too?

 cheers
  --oh

Registered Number: 171387