RE: [stp-dev] Java First Programming Model Refactor

Sounds like a job for... EMF. Perhaps we should introduce an EMF based
Customizable WSDL2Java, Java2WSDL tool, and not just pass through to the underlying implementation. Leaving the templates open to further customization. That way, domain/application specific WSDL could be generated.

>> Back on topic. Would it be easier for the user to just do a
>> right-click on the target java file and choose 'Generate WSDL'
>> from a context menu? This would be instead of going through
>> a wizard, or setting a specific class in a preference. Then
>> they have full control. Maybe then we could put in a
>> preference which would allow control over switching off/on
>> automatic WSDL generation, defaulting to 'off'.
>>
>> In the project wizard, there's a dropdown for 'Frontend',
>> which I am sure means the nature of the code that is
>> generated for the client and server when going from WSDL. If
>> this is not going to be JAX-WS, then I'm not sure it is a
>> JAX-WS project ;)
>>
>> What I would suggest here is that the 'frontend' choice is
>> actually made by the project type - so if you want to
>> program in JAX-WS, then you make a JAX-WS project, and if
>> you want to program POJOs, then you make a POJO project.
>>
>> Anyway - having good functionality in the java-first
>> approach is pretty important, so nice to see the work going
>> in here :)
>>
>>   cheers
>>    --oh

Ciao,
Mark Walker,
Technical Architect (Tools),
Ubiquity Software (Avaya UK),
Cardiff

Phone: +44 (0)2920 819814
Email: mwalker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Email: mwwalker@xxxxxxxxx

"It takes less time to do a thing right than to explain why you did it wrong."
-- H. W. Longfellow.

Information contained in this e-mail and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee only, and may contain confidential information of Ubiquity Software Corporation. All unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the addressee, please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this email. Ubiquity Software Corporation plc, a company registered under the laws of England and Wales, Registration 2719723, registered offices at Eastern Business Park, Building 3, Wern Fawr Lane, St. Mellons, Cardiff CF3 5EA, Wales, United Kingdom.

Back to the top