[stp-dev] Status updates on STP 0.7.0 release

Hi All,

We just created a integration build for stp 0.7.0,  it can be downloaded from [1].

According to our discussion yesterday, we will do some test and bug fix next week, and create the 0.7.0 M1 release on next Friday.

The 0.7.0 release includes following features/changes:

* ServiceCreation -- New Policy Editor plugin (org.eclipse.stp.cxf) [2]
The STP policy editor is an Eclipse editor for editing WS-Policy content or other XML content that is based on XML-Schema with a graphical editor. It is based on the XML Editing Framework(XEF), which also part of STP.

* BPMN modeler updates to support EMF2.3

* JAX-WS API plugins
The new version requires jaxws api plugins, which can be downloaded from [3]

* ServiceCreation -- CXF and Tuscany Dependency Structure Refactor [4]
We removed the org.apache.cxf and org.apache.tuscany plugins. The runtime integration is done by calling command line tools to decoupled from runtime classes.

* ServiceCreation--Runtime refactor [5]
Added runtime information to SOA project. The runtime is extended from runtime extension point defined in WTP.
Defined three runtime extensions:Apache CXF2.0 for jaxws, Sun Jax-WS RI 2.1.2 for jaxws and Apache Tuscany 0.99 for SCA

* ServiceCreation--Support JAX-WS Reference Implementation from Sun [6]
User can create and run jaxws project with JAX-WS RI runtime now.

* SOAS -- WTP Integration [7]
We can create/deploy/debug the JAX-WS service, and start/stop tomcat server all within Eclipse now.

* SOAS -- Removed DTP dependency. [8]
The Connection Profile has been replaced by WTP server framework.

* Build--All dependencies have been updated to 3.3 final release.

* Build--STP all-in-one package [9]
The build system has been updated to generate stp-all-in-one package, which includes stp and all it is dependencies.

Anything missing from the list?

Regards

Johnson Ma

Back to the top