[stp-dev] Missing org.apache.cxf?

Hi,

I wanted to try out the STP update site and the update manager reports strange error:

I have downloaded and isnstalled the plugin org.apache.cxf from
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/cxf/cxf-eclipse-plugin/2.0-incubator-RC-SNAPSHOT/
and according to the OSGI console the plugin was not only installed but was RESOLVED and after manual 'start' it also entered ACTIVE state without any problems.

Then when I started the update manager an tried to install all the STP features I got this error:
SOA Tools Platform Service Creation (0.4.0) requires plug-in "org.apache.cxf".

I have the feeling that it has somnething to do with the encoding of the feature.xml file, part of the org.eclipse.stp.servicecreation_0.1.0 feature.
I 've tried to make several conversions  UTF-8 <->ASCII but still no success.

Finally I have downloaded all the STP binaries from the download site and again - after copying the features/plugins to eclipse all of the plugins got resolved
- the plugin org.eclipse.stp.sc.cxf that actually uses org.apache.cxf was resolved - all dependencies were reported to be ok, but the update manager still reports that there are problems in my configuration: namely the stp.sc feature requires org.apache.cxf.

Any ideas? Have someone of you experienced this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Bogdan

Back to the top