Re: [stp-dev] Re: [Open letter to STP regarding BPEL and other verticals, from the Eclipse BPEL Designer team

Hi Kevin

First, I would like to say that as a long time Eclipse committer (one of the original, actually) I am disappointed by the direction these discussions have taken. Mostly I've heard spurious and defensive arguments about why this current situation is acceptable. But plainly it is not. It is silly to argue that there is no overlap, and that's its ok that there is overlap. The current climate is not healthy for the Eclipse open source community.

Since we all have just discovered that you are not planning to attend EclipseCon, I'm sure you would be amenable to have an open conference call before end of week to reinforce your points and refute these alleged 'spurious and defensive arguments' in detail - when would be a good time for this? (early PST is best as people are distributed from PST to CET) I will arrange a bridge and I am sure that all parties would be
delighted to help address your outstanding issues.

 regards
  Oisin

Back to the top